Wednesday 26 February 2014

It's saves the day. It always does.

My last week of being a teenager was an eventful one. I lost/or my phone got stolen, I was in a video that got over 1,000,000 hits in three days, and had many many moments of remembering that I am exactly where I'm suppose to be. 

Yes my phone may be gone, but hey, at least I can afford one and have loved ones to talk too. This isn't always a reality for some. I've been spending my Monday mornings volunteering at an old folks home where many of the men and women who live there have no contact with their family, for many different reasons. Monday mornings may be some peoples least favourite day but they've turned into something I look forward to. I cannot get over how happy they are to see our faces. They brighten my mood just being in their presence. Especially if I'm having a day where I'm lacking confidence they are very fast to tell me how beautiful and blessed I am. It sounds so much nicer hearing it in spanish too. Which is something i've been working on. Learning more spanish so I can communicate with these people who I care a lot about. 

Yes I was in the silly whale video. But the only reason this was even a possibility is because of the organization I'm so honoured to be apart of. At the risk of sounding like a cliche, Live Different has really changed my life. I've found self confidence, compassion, and love and drive for something so much bigger than all of us. I wish more people were more interested as to why I'm here not how did it feel when a whale hit me. This organization deserves so much recognition. It changes peoples lives on a daily basis. All over our country and the world. Life is about people not stuff and I've been reminded of this a lot lately. I'm determined to be focused on why I'm here and how my life and others will be changed over the next couple months.  

When people can come together for a cause that's bigger than ourselves, to be selfless and to have a passion for compassion, this is when our world is and will be on the right path. I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be. I don't just mean wrapped up in a Mexican blanket drinking tea, watching the stars as people wish me a happy birthday. I'm exactly where I'm suppose to be because I want to be a part of something bigger than I am. This is not about me, it's about how next week I and many others start a month of building houses, bringing more love to some of the most loving people I've ever met, and just being together as humans. Enjoying each other's company and love and remembering, Love is what saves the day. Always. 

This is Nalleli. The star of my last blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment