Sunday 2 February 2014

Baja Beginnings

First full day in the Baja and it was simply perfect. After delivering some presents to previous families Live Different has built for I had a highlight I’ve been waiting to have for a year and a half. I got to visit a family I built for in the summer of 2012. I was nervous to visit as I was worried they would not remember me, but then everyone reminded me it’s not everyday a short, pasty ginger helps build a house for someone. They were right. As everyone was shaking hands and saying their hellos I was last to see the mom and her eyes completely lit up and I was so happy. She hugged me and was very excited to see me. The son is now just over 3. He was a year and a half when I helped build his house. He was quite sick with respiratory issues when we built their house because of all the dirt. It was such a relieve to see him happy and healthy. The moms dad was there as well and was very proud of his family and to meet me. It was the best feeling ever to be able to tell them I will be in the community for four months and I can come visit whenever I can. It’s a very unique feeling being a part of something so much bigger than anything I’ve ever done. I simply love this community, the people and the feeling I have being here. I woke up this morning before everyone because I was so excited to just be here, in Mexico, the place I call my second home. Who needs sleep when you’re in a place so full of love? Until next time, cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment